Master of Public Health | MPH
Who is the MPH study intended for?
The MPH Master of Public Health study is intended for all those who want to bring order, meaningful rules and a fair system to the management processes in health care. Studying MPH is a great choice for graduates or students of min. 3rd year of the Faculty of Medicine, bachelor’s degree graduates of similar fields, managers of medical facilities or in the public sector, health professionals, doctors, social workers and managers of medical facilities.
Why study with us:
MPH Master of Public Health program focuses on leadership, management and organizational behavior in healthcare. The whole study is based on a simple system and flexibility.
The content of MPH program emphasizes:
- leading of people,
- improving the quality of health care provision,
- strategic management,
- new trends in healthcare.
Students will gain an overview of:
- international health management policies
- team, project and innovation management
- visions and directions of the organization,
- techniques and tools for improving the quality of the organization (TPS, Six Sigma, FMEA, HFMEA and others),
- corporate culture, planning and promoting change,
- strategic management and human resources development,
- project management based on the PRINCE2 methodology.
|FACTS||ABOUT THE STUDY|
|Language: Slovak, German, English, Hungarian a.o.||Online or Distance form|
|ECTS: 120||Flexible study in term of place and time.|
|Diploma: in English and French language||Online test and exams can be taken from anywhere.|
|Duration: 12 - 24 month||Study through online platform (SEP).|
|Beginning of study: Every first day of the month, the application can be submitted at any time.||Adapt the study to your living conditions.|
Studying with us has the following advantages:
- high flexibility in the organization of studies,
- the possibility to obtain a qualification in addition to employment or entrepreneurship,
- For those who do not like the full-time form of study,
- possibility to choose the form of study (distance / online)
How will MPH Master of Public Health program proceed?
The study is a combination of traditional teacher-led study in the classroom and self-study. All evaluations are carried out under the supervision of a lecturer, trainer or tutor. The exams take the form of an “Open Book Exam”. The duration of the study is 24 months with the possibility of extension to 36 months. Students have a choice of two forms of study: Online study is a study without regular weekend lectures in the form of self-study. It is carried out through webinars or personal meetings with the teacher during consultation hours. External study takes place in the form of self-study and regular lectures. Distance form is a combination of traditional study led by a lecturer in classrooms and self-study. Distance study takes place in the form of self-study and regular lectures.
- Organisational Behaviour
- Managing Finance in the Public Sector
- International Healthcare Policy
- Manage Continuous Organisational Improvement
- Developing Organisational Vision and Strategic Direction
- Research for Senior Managers
Optional subjects (selection min. 4.)
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Programme Leadership
- Strategic Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Managing Stakeholder Engagement
- Corporate Communications Strategies
- Leading Organisational Equality and Diversity
- Sustainable Business Strategy
- Managing Quality and Service Delivery